Life is an amazing journey. It is full of turns and twists, high peeks and deep dark crevices. sometimes we find ourselves in dark caves that look like a cold, dark dead end. It is still part of the journey; and that is what makes it interesting, challenging and fun. Just like the two sides of a coin, the head and the tail are it’s integral parts. All living things in this planet face challenges; be it plants, animals or human beings.
It is common for people to think that challenges are a negative thing and they should not go through them; instead they try to go round them or avoid them all together. However, these challenges are like road signs that give us feedback, or guide us towards our goals. When a traveler ignores these traffic signs, the end of his journey may not be very pleasant.
One would ask,”Why then do I fell depressed when I face challenges? why do they come at my weakest point in time?, why do they have to come when I am almost making it? Why do they come one after another? Why me? why now?” The truth is, there is no definite answer to these questions. We all have to face the challenges whenever they appear. I like to compare these encounters as seasons in life; Winter, spring, summer and autumn. Each has its beauty as well as its ugly side.
The best thing to do is to keep the optimism within, in order to overcome challenges.. It crucial to remember that these lessons learned during the hard times last a lifetime, and can be passed to the next generation. Our forefathers, faced bitter cold, harsh weather, huge wild animals, rugged terrains and death from mysterious diseases. From such challenges were born inventors and innovators; Fire was invented, warm clothing designed, safer homes built and anti bacteria medicine was derived. Our ancestors had to go through their own challenges and stayed optimistic until solutions to their problems were found. Like all living things, challenges make you stronger, better, more focused, determined and more level headed. Without challenges life would be boring and there would be neither inventions nor innovations. These are few guidelines to help us to stay positive through the challenging times:
- Remember that nothing lasts forever. The challenges will also pass too
- Everyone is going through some sort of challenge at any given time. You are not alone
- Others have gone through the same challenge as yourself and finished strong
- There is always a way out; even when it seems like a dead end
- When overwhelmed, it is perfectly okay to take a break
- The human spirit is a very strong being, that means you
- If you do not know how to get out ask, do not be afraid to ask
- Challenges do not necessarily mean a battlefield where blood and sweat is shed, it may only need a wit to win. use your brains.
- Prayers and meditation help a great deal in keeping the inner man calm. Keep praying and believing.
- Trust yourself; you are much stronger and smarter and better than you think.
- Nothing comes your way to finish you, but to strengthen you.
- Optimism in challenging times is a learned habit. Train yourself everyday to look on the bright side of life. Always.
“life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all.”Helen Keller